Terms & conditions
Last updated: 15/09/2022
- AGREEMENT TO TERMS
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to make changes or modifications to these terms and conditions from time to time. We will alert you about these changes by updating the “last updated” date of these terms, and you waive any right to receive specific notice of each of such change. Please check the applicable terms every time you use our site so that you understand which terms apply. You will be subject to, and will be deemed to have been made aware of and to have accepted the changes in any revised terms by your continued use of the site after revised terms are posted.
The information on the site is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject us to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
The site is intended for users who are at least 13 years of age. All users who are minors in the jurisdiction in which they reside, must have the permission of, and be directly supervised by, their parent or guardian to use the site. If you are a minor, you must have your parent or guardian read and agree to these terms and conditions prior to use of the site.
- How to IB: How to IB, established in the Netherlands, KVK number XXXXX.
- Customer: the party which How to IB has entered an agreement with.
- Parties: How to IB and customer together.
- These terms and conditions will apply to all quotations, offers, activities, orders, agreements and deliveries of services and products by, or on behalf of, How to IB.
- Parties can only deviate from these conditions if they have explicitly agreed upon in writing.
- The parties expressly exclude the applicability of supplementary and/or deviating general terms and conditions of the customer or third party.
- All prices used by How to IB are in euros, inclusive of VAT and exclusive of any other costs, such as administration costs, levies, travel-, shipping- or transport expenses, unless expressly stated or agreed otherwise.
- How to IB is entitled to adjust all prices for products and services shown on the website or otherwise, at any time.
- We will communicate price adjustments effective to existing customers prior, or at the time this becomes effective.
- The parties agree on a price for a service provided by How to IB. The service in this case refers to a single service (e.g. a 1-hour lesson). How to IB will not issue price guarantees for a longer service period, unless expressly agreed in writing.
- The customer has the right to terminate the use of the service if they do not agree with the price increase.
- PAYMENTS AND CANCELLATIONS
- For the purchase of products from our site, payment will be required prior to shipping.
- Bookings made with us require payment at a minimum of 24 hours before the start time of the booking.
- If the booking is not paid for at a minimum of 24 hours in advance, the booking will be cancelled.
- Cancellations by the customer, where communicated more than 24 hours prior to the booking start time, shall be refunded to the customer. Alternatively, a rescheduled time may be agreed upon, for which the payment may be used towards.
- Cancellations by the customer within 24 hours of the booking start time are not eligible for a refund.
- Rescheduling requests made within 24 hours of the booking start time are at the tutor’s discretion. If it results in a cancellation, terms outlined in 5.5 apply. Where it results in a postponement of the booking by more than 24 hours, the customer waives the right to a refund in the event of a cancellation.
- Delivery takes place while stocks last.
- Delivery of products ordered online takes place at the address indicated by the customer.
- Any delivery period specified by How to IB is indicative and does not give the customer right to dissolution or compensation if this period is not met with, unless the parties have expressly agreed otherwise in writing.
- The customer must ensure that the actual delivery of the products ordered by him can take place in time.
- Transport costs are paid by the customer, unless the parties have agreed upon otherwise.
- If the purchase costs are eligible for reimbursement according to the law, How to IB will refund these costs within 14 days of receipt of the timely appeal, provided that the customer has returned the product to How to IB in time.
- The costs for return will not be reimbursed, unless the reason for return is a production-related fault significantly impairing the intended function of the delivered product.
- If the package of a delivered product is opened or damaged, the customer must have a note drawn up by the forwarder or delivery person before receiving the product. In the absence of which How to IB is not liable for any damage.
- When purchasing a service from our site, these services only contain best-effort obligations for How to IB, not obligations of results.
- How to IB executes this agreement to the best of its knowledge and ability.
- How to IB reserves the right to have the agreed services (partially) performed by third parties.
- The customer shall make available to How to IB all information, data and documents relevant to the correct execution of the agreement in time and in the desired format and manner.
- The customer guarantees the correctness, completeness and reliability of the information, data and documents made available, even if originating from a third party, unless otherwise declared.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- How to IB retains all intellectual property rights (including copyright, patent rights, trademark rights, design, etc.) on all designs, drawings, writings, data carriers or other information, quotations, images, sketches, models, etc. unless parties agreed otherwise in writing.
- The customer may not copy or have copied the intellectual property rights without prior written permission from How to IB, nor show them to third parties and/or make them available or use them in any other way.
- How to IB resources used during lessons may not be shared with third parties unless prior written permission has been granted.
- Resources on our website may not be shared, saved or distributed to third parties in any form.
- If the customer violates the articles of these terms and conditions about secrecy or intellectual property, then he forfeits on behalf of How to IB an immediately due and payable fine of 1000 euros for each violation and in addition an amount of 5% of the aforementioned amount for each day that this violation continues.
- INDEMNITY AND LIABILITY
- The customer indemnifies How to IB against all third-party claims related to the products and services supplied by How to IB.
- How to IB is never liable for indirect damages, such as consequential loss, lost profit or savings or damage to third parties.
- All images, photos, drawings and descriptions on the website are only indicative and approximate, and cannot lead to compensation or dissolution of the agreement.
- The customer must examine a product or service provided by How to IB as soon as possible for possible shortcomings.
- If a delivered product or service does not comply with what the customer could reasonably expect from the agreement, the customer must inform How to IB as soon as possible, but in any case, within 14 days after discovery of the shortcomings.
- The customer must demonstrate that the complaint relates to an agreement between parties, and must provide a detailed description so that we can respond adequately.
- If the complaint relates to ongoing work, this can in any case not lead to How to IB being forced to perform other work than has been agreed.
The site is provided on an as-is and as-available bases. You agree that your use of the site and our services will be at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the site and your use thereof. We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the content of our site, resources and services, and we will assume no liability or responsibility for any (1) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content and materials, (2) personal injury of any nature whatsoever, (3) any unauthorised access to or use of our servers and/or any and all personal information stored therein, (4) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the site, (5) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like that may be transmitted to or through the site by any third party, and/or (6) any errors and omissions in any content and materials or for any loss or damage as a result of the use of any content issued by us.